Sunday, February 24, 2008

God may have rested, but he still went to the gym

Today will involve an hour long spin and the last of this week's of strength based Synergise classses. That's a made up word that is supposed to signify the synergy between yoga, Pilates and T'ai Chi, but when I teach this bad boy it's pretty much all Yoga.

We'll go with a semi-sun salutation warm-up that moves into a downward dog based routine. Then I'll do crow (check that out, nice party piece that one), lunge and balance and a one legged dog and finish with boat pose to four legged table. Still with me?

Before that though comes spin. Have a track list:

Donna Summer - I feel love

The Boo Radleys - Wake up Boo!
Graham Coxon - Don't let your man know
Ice-T - Midnight

Buggles - Video KIlled the Radio Star
Yomanda -Synth & Strings
The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
PF Project - Choose Life
Boney M - Rasputin
Jacques Offenbach - French Cancan

You like? You wanna go now, and have me shout at you because as per fucking usual the mic is not working, don't you?

I like using 'Chosose Life' on a Sunday as it contains the Ewan McGregor monologue from Trainspotting including the lines 'wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning'.

Despite the length it's a pretty gentle class with no intervals or crazy attacking climbs. 'Rasputin', my current favourite song of all time will be the toughest as it's a gradually increasing hill which goes 30 seconds seated, 30 seconds standing for six long minutes. Ra ra!

2 comments:

Megan McGurk said...

Why do I feel guilty for liking Donna Summer?
Always have since I was a pre-teen badass.
And "Rasputin" rocks the fuck out.

Cycles Goff said...

I feel no guilt. That's a ground-breaking track, that one.